|Leonora Moss - Rockin' the Window Display, as usual!!|
If you are a living, breathing human being, you may have noticed that The Day of the Valentine is upon us. I have to admit that I like Valentine's Day. In our house, we definitely don't overdo it, but it's fun. A little dinner (at home, or out), a couple of small gifts, and most importantly, a little extra dose of kindness. Not that we're awful to each other on the other days... But it's nice to be especially kind for a bit.
Here are a few things I enjoy about Valentine's Day:
- It's an excuse for a special dinner.
- Little kids get soooo excited. (We used to decorate paper lunch sacks. I imagine they do something more high-tech nowadays.)
- General cheeriness when flowers show up all over the place
- I look fairly good in red
- Reese's Peanut Butter Hearts. All of the holiday shapes taste better than the year-round "cup" shape. It's a fact.
...and some things that kind of bum me out abut Valentine's Day:
- People with crazy expectations that their partner cannot ever match up to. (Let's keep it real, people!)
- People who are made to feel sad when they don't have a partner to share the day with.
The day is yours to do with as you choose. Enjoy or Ignore. Either way, the Reese's Hearts are available for only a limited time...
Happy Valentine's Day!